Like most brides-to-be, you want your special day to be remembered as the best wedding ever. So, how do you go about making your wedding stand out from all the rest without going overboard? Since you can’t simply wave a magic wand, where do you begin to choose the right wedding-ideas that represent your vision? If you search online, you’ll find some great suggestions, but most of them have already been used hundreds of times.
You want your guests to enjoy something a little more unique, but you also want to keep with traditions. Maybe we can help. Here are 20 tips for throwing the most epic wedding ever. Even if you only use a few of these wedding ideas, your guests are sure to be impressed.
Ready to get creative? Check out these unique wedding ideas!
- Make out-of-town guest feel special – Show them how much you appreciate them traveling to be part of your special day. Give them a welcome bag or basket filled with snacks, bottled water, and maybe a list of local restaurants, coffee shops, local attractions and such. You could even include some local treats like cheese or candy and a bottle of wine.
- Keep the ceremony brief – Everyone came to share this special day, but they won’t enjoy a long, drawn-out production. You don’t want to lose their attention, so keep the actual proceedings brief but memorable.
- Let guests make song requests – This is an excellent way to get people out on the dance floor during the reception party.
- Make sure you greet each guest – It’s important to greet each of your guests personally. Visit their table, join them on the dance floor, or have a short chat over a drink.
- Pay close attention to the seating arrangements – You want your guest to have fun and can enjoy the company of those at their table. Group your guest together according to interests, background, etc.
- Create a signature cocktail – You and your groom can pick a few special drinks that will appeal to your guests while also helping cut down on the costs of a full bar.
- Be sure toasts and speeches are too long-winded – This is a tough one. Speeches are an integral part of wedding ceremonies, but your guests don’t want to sit still too long.
- A DIY bar is always a hit – You could include a build your own sandwich area or have an outdoor cigar bar, or a sundae or dessert bar.
- Serve some late-night snacks – If the party goes on late into the night, some of your guests will get hungry again. They’ll enjoy a mini-grilled cheese, or some coffee and donuts or whatever you think will be tasty.
- End the night on a high note – Give your guests a festive farewell like a firework, or a sparkler exit. The choices are endless. Make it fun.
If you decide to try some of our tips, you’re sure to have a memorable ceremony. But, we have one final tip that involves choosing the right venue for your big day.
Why The Cabin at Old Spur is the Perfect Venue for Your Perfect Day
The venue should be large enough to accommodate your guests, create the right ambiance, and be affordable. At the Cabin at Old Spur, you and your guests will enjoy a romantic, woodland setting just 15 minutes from Florence, South Carolina.
Our facility is designed to host all types of ceremonies and wedding receptions. We understand the importance of keeping within your budget, and we can plan your day to be both affordable and memorable. Give us a call today to learn more about how we can help you throw the perfect wedding!